Guy Langman, Crime Scene Procrastinator

Guy Langman, Crime Scene Procrastinator -

I got this book from netgalley (first book I got from them for which I am truly grateful) and even though I just finished reading it I can't wait to get my hands on a physical copy once it's released (March 2012, can you believe we all have to wait that long?!).This book managed to be consistently funny, but in a completely believable way, none of it seemed forced. The dialogue was a thing of beauty. I know it's a weird thing to say when describing teens talking, but that's just it - it was so unfailingly real. But what I really loved about this book was its use of humour. The book, as I've said, is funny from beginning to end. Bear in mind I don't usually say this about just any book, humour is one of the few things I take seriously. But it's more than just that. Berk mixes in humorous dialogue or observations with more emotional moments, making them all the more poignant and sweeter. It's rare for an author to successfully use humour like that. Most will just write some jokes for their characters to blab so they can draw a few laughs from their readers, but to use it so well that it draws attention to deeper issues in the plot and the characters' lives and personalities... That is rare! I really hope other readers will take notice of that when they read the book, because this book really deserves to be noticed. The plot is tight and never fails to draw the reader in. The characters are believable and well-written. Honestly I could spend a long time writing about this book, but it just frustrates me that I'm not a great reviewer who could manage to do it justice.That being said, I recommend this book to everyone, I don't see how anyone could dislike it. I may be a bit biased since I was a forensics nerd in high school and later a forensics nerd in university so a lot of it rang true. So if you have some forensics nerd friends, this book will be a solid gift when it comes out.